While the 2022 March Madness tournament had some major shake-ups throughout the first few rounds, the 2022 NCAA College Basketball Championship features two schools with rich basketball history. The 2022 March Madness Championship game will be a matchup between eight-seed North Carolina Tarheels and the Kansas Jayhawks, who were a one-seed in the Midwest region.
Unfortunately for the Arizona Wildcats and their fans, the team lost to Houston in the Sweet 16.
The 2022 NCAA College Basketball National Championship will tip-off at 6:20 MST. The Tarheels are the fourth eight-seed to make it to the championship game, and will be playing in their twelfth finals matchup. For Kansas, this will be their tenth title game appearance.
March Madness Championship Odds 2022
Here are the odds for each of the Final Four teams to win 2022 March Madness, via the DraftKings sportsbook.
Odds updated 04/03/2022
|Team||Moneyline Odds||Spread||Point Total|
|Kansas||-190||-4 (-110)||Over 152 (-110)|
|North Carolina||+160||+4 (-110)||Under 152 (-110)|
Additional 2022 March Madness Championship Betting Markets
Arizona bettors will be able to place wagers on events other than moneyline, spread, and the over/under. Arizona online sportsbooks will have markets such as the outcome of the first basket, alternate spreads, bets for each half, which team will score X amount of points first, and more. Keep in mind, however, individual player props for college sports are not legal in Arizona. Any prop market available in the state will be related to a game outcome, and not based on a player’s individual performance.
Where Can I Bet On March Madness Online In Arizona?
In Arizona, some of the major online sportsbooks that will offer odds on NCAA Tournament games include BetRivers, BetMGM, FanDuel, and DraftKings. Typically an online sportsbook site will offer similar odds as its competitors, though there will be some variation. Additionally, each sportsbook presents a unique bonus offer to first-time users. This can be anything from a deposit match to a risk-free bet.
- DraftKings offers new users a 20% deposit match bonus up to $1,000. Additionally, new players can earn a free $50 bet with a deposit of $5. While getting the most out of DraftKings’ promotion would require a $5,000 deposit, the company is the industry standard when it comes to its mobile app, market depth and variety, and competitiveness of odds.
- BetMGM offers its new users (exclusively those using the mobile app) a risk-free bet worth up to $1,000. A lost wager of over $50 is refunded as free bets in increments of 20% of your first wager. Otherwise, the risk-free bet is refunded as a free bet of equal value. Boasting an excellent app, deep market, and competitive odds, BetMGM is one of the best options for Arizona online sports betting and is partnered with the Arizona Cardinals.
- Caesars is offering new customers first-bet insurance up to $1,100 by using code SHARPBETCZR. One of the most recognizable brands in the industry, Caesars is also known for having a fantastic rewards program for its users.
- BetRivers offers new users a 100% deposit match up to $250. BetRivers, partnered with the Arizona Rattlers, offers a user-friendly experience perfect for the desktop bettor. While their mobile app isn’t as highly regarded as the competition, BetRivers is widely considered to have some of the deepest markets and generous bonus offers among online sportsbooks.
- Betfred offers new Arizona bettors a risk-free first bet worth up to $500. Having been established in the UK since the late 1960s, Betfred is looking to expand into the US sports betting market. Offering competitive odds and a solid mobile app, Betfred is worth having in your online sports betting arsenal.
- FanDuel is offering new users a limited-time March Madness offer in place of its normal risk-free bet worth up to $1,000. New users who sign up and place a $5 bet on any March Madness game will receive $150 in site credit – win or lose. Click here to claim. FanDuel Sportsbook is widely considered one of the best in the nation, boasting an exceptional, user-friendly mobile app, a wide variety of odds, and some of the easiest cash-out methods on the market. Its land-based partner in Arizona is none other than the Phoenix Suns.
How To Place Bets Online For March Madness
In order to place a bet on March Madness online, users will need to be within the state of Arizona or another state in which their betting platform is legally operational. These can vary depending on the sportsbook used.
Registration – In order to register with an online sportsbook, users simply need to make an account (which requires you to be 21+ years old) on whichever platform they desire. The app will use GPS to ensure you are placing bets within Arizona (or other legal states) state lines.
Depositing Funds and Cashing Out – After registering, the new user will need to deposit funds into their account. This can be done via credit or debit cards, e-wallets such as PayPal, or via cash deposits at locations partnered with your sportsbook. Cashing out is the same, withdrawing your winnings to your bank account, debit card, or e-wallet.
How March Madness Betting Odds Are Calculated
As expected, March Madness odds are calculated based on a given’s team chances of winning the tournament. These can change at any time leading up to the tourney and can be impacted by a variety of things such as injuries, suspensions, teams going on a hot or cold streak, coach firings or hirings in the offseason, recruitment, and more.
An example of a March Madness bet for 2022 would be to take the Gonzaga Bulldogs at +650. Betting $100 on the Bulldogs to win the championship at +650 would see a total payout of $750. However, if Gonzaga failed to win the tournament, regardless of an injury or scandal facing the school, the bettor would lose their wager.
March Madness Odds And Betting
Bettors will be able to place a variety of different types of wagers on March Madness games.
Betting the Moneyline is an outright prediction of who you think will win the game. This is also referred to as a straight bet.
Unlike a Moneyline bet, the score is all that matters with a points spread. A bettor will wager on the favored team to win by at least a certain amount of points, or the underdog team to lose by fewer than a certain amount of points.
For example, in the Villanova vs UCLA game taking place on Nov. 12, 2021, the Bruins enter the game as favorites of -2.5. This means, placing a points spread bet on the Bruins would not only require the Bruins to win the game, but they’d need to defeat Villanova by at least 2.5 (so 3) points. Adversely, a bet on Villanova would only require the Wildcats to lose by fewer than 2.5 points in order to be considered a success, even if Villanova loses the game outright.
Betting on the total refers to the total points scored in the game. The sportsbook will set a figure which they think will be the total score of the game, and bettors wager whether they think the combined score will be over or under that target number. This can be wagered on full games or individual halves.
A parlay bet includes at least two or more picks and is dependent on each leg of the bet being successful in order to payout. The payout of a parlay is multiplied based on each of its parts. In terms of March Madness, the most common parlays would be on the outcome of individual games, whether it be combining various Moneylines or mixing up Moneylines, Totals, and Point Spreads.
What Is A March Madness Futures Bet?
A futures bet is a wager on an event that will occur at some point in the distant future, I.E. predicting the winner of the NCAA Tournament. You don’t have to strictly bet on the winner, however, you can bet on how far a specific team will advance or what teams will feature in the championship or Final Four.
Strategies For March Madness Betting
March Madness is certainly one of the most exciting events to bet on, but that doesn’t make it any less challenging. Some tips and tricks for success in March Madness include betting on teams that are sound defensively, or that have a coach with a track record of winning. Additionally, as UCLA showed us this last year, March Madness can be all about getting hot at the right time. If things start to click, a team that hits a hot streak can be as dangerous as any team in the country.
Betting Odds For March Madness FAQ
Yes, in states that have legalized online sports betting. Some states have betting restrictions on college athletics, however.
You need to be at least 21 years old in order to bet on sports in the United States, though there are some exceptions in which those 18 years and older can place wagers. Online sportsbooks require users to be a minimum of 21 years old.
Yes, betting on March Madness online is safe, so long as you do it through state-regulated, legal online sportsbooks. In order to identify a legal online sportsbook, users should look for the seal of approval issued by the state’s gaming regulation agency. Online gambling sites that are not approved by United States regulators are not safe, however.
Yes, live betting will be available during March Madness, with a wide variety of odds available as the action occurs. The specific odds and props available may vary depending upon the platform you use.
Types of props that exist for March Madness include “team that will win X region” or “Will a No. 1 seed win the tournament?” You can also bet on things such as “How many ACC teams will advance past the first round?” or “Will a No. 16 seed beat a No. 1 seed?” The options are vast, and there’s always an exciting bet to be made.
Yes. Some sportsbooks will offer odds on various events which don’t take place within the actual game, including placing bets on things to do with the National Anthem or halftime show, or even bets related to commercials.
The Duke Blue Devils are the current favorites to win 2022 March Madness.
The teams playing in the March Madness Final Four 2022 are Duke, North Carolina, Villanova, and Kansas.