Not only can residents in Arizona go to multiple college football bowl games, but they can place wagers on them with Arizona sports betting available across the state. The conclusion of the 2022 college football regular season paved the way for great matchups in Phoenix, Tucson, and Glendale. Of course, this includes the big College Football Playoff semifinal between Michigan and TCU at the Fiesta Bowl.
The other two matchups in Arizona are at the Guaranteed Rate Bowl on Tuesday, Dec. 27, and the Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl on Friday, Dec. 30. Both contests will feature intriguing matchups from four different conferences.
Of the three, betting on the Fiesta Bowl is the most popular. After all, the Fiesta Bowl is part of the semifinal game rotation. In 2022, it will be the first semifinal on New Year’s Eve. But in off years, it will feature two at-large teams. As part of the New Year’s Day slate of games, potential participants will be among the best teams in the nation.
The Guaranteed Rate Bowl often features a matchup between a Big 12 and Big Ten team. This year, it features Oklahoma State against Wisconsin . These two teams had disappointing seasons based on expectations and program consistency.
Barstool Sports has become a relatively new sponsor for the Arizona Bowl. Not only that, but they’ve taken the media rights to broadcast the game themselves. While last year’s contest was cancelled due to a COVID outbreak, this year’s matchup features Ohio against Wyoming . The tie-in for this bowl is usually the Mid-American Conference (better known as the MAC) vs. the Mountain West.
Best Sportsbooks in Arizona for College Football Bowl Games
Fans in Arizona will be able to bet on college bowl games at any licensed sportsbook legally operating within the state. All online sportsbooks typically tend to have competitive NCAA football odds, but how the odds change will vary from one book to the next depending on how people are betting.
Even then, college bowl game lines will usually not vary too much from one sportsbook to the next. However, to stand out from the competition, sportsbooks will offer welcome bonuses to entice new bettors into signing up.
Unless you find a sportsbook with drastically different college football odds from the rest of the competition, the welcome bonus will be what you should look for when choosing a sportsbook. If you choose a book based on its odds, you will want the one with the lowest vig and the best odds for the market you are interested in.
But, since the odds will probably not vary significantly, who you go with will depend on which bonus offer you can get the most value from.
The following sportsbooks are live in Arizona and offer solid welcome bonuses:
- DraftKings Arizona: Get $50 free with $5 deposit + $1,000 first deposit match
- BetMGM Arizona: Risk-free bet with a max value of $1,000 – Use code SHARP50
- Caesars Arizona: 100% deposit bonus worth up to $1,250 – Use code SHARPBETFULL
- BetRivers Arizona: Match bonus up to $500 – Use code SHARPRIV
- FanDuel Arizona: Risk-free bet with a max value of $1,000
- Unibet Arizona: Risk-free bet with a max value of $500 – Use code BETBONUS
Partnerships with sportsbooks are not common in the NCAA. The University of Arizona and ASU currently do not have partnerships. Professional sports teams, on the other hand, are much more common. In Arizona, for example, the Phoenix Suns partnered with FanDuel and you can find a retail sportsbook inside the Footprint Center.
Guaranteed Rate Bowl Information
- Matchup: Wisconsin Badgers (6-6, 5-7 ATS) vs. 22 Oklahoma State Cowboys (7-5, 6-6 ATS)
- Location: Chase Field in Phoenix
- Date: Tuesday, Dec. 27
- Time: 8:15 p.m. MST (10:15 p.m. EST)
- Stream: ESPN app
- TV: ESPN, ESPN Deportes
- English Announcers: Beth Mowins, Kirk Morrison, Stormy Buonantony
- Radio: ESPN Radio
- Announcers: Mike Couzens, Max Starks, Kelsey Riggs
Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl Information
- Matchup: Ohio Bobcats (9-4, 9-4 ATS) vs. Wyoming Cowboys (7-5, 6-6 ATS)
- Location: Arizona Stadium in Tucson
- Date: Friday, Dec. 30
- Time: 2:30 p.m. MST (4:30 p.m. EST)
- Stream: Barstool.tv, Barstool Sports app
- Announcers: Jake Marsh, Dan Katz, Dave Portnoy
Vrbo Fiesta Bowl Information
- Matchup: 3 TCU Horned Frogs (12-1, 9-4 ATS) vs 2 Michigan Wolverines (13-0, 8-5 ATS)
- Location: State Farm Stadium in Glendale
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 31
- Time: 2:00 p.m. MST (4:00 p.m. EST)
- Stream: ESPN app
- TV: ESPN, ESPN Deportes
- English Announcers: Sean McDonough, Todd Blackledge, Molly McGrath, Tiffany Blackmon
- Radio: ESPN Radio
- Announcers: Marc Kestecher, Kelly Stouffer, Ian Fitzsimmons
What Kinds of Bets Can Be Placed on College Bowl Games in Arizona?
Bettors will have several options when it comes to the types of bets they can make on college bowl games. Betting on college bowl games is typically somewhat popular since they are the final games of the college football season.
The most common markets can be found in the bowl game betting line:
- Point spread: The bowl game spread is the expected margin of victory for the game. The number will be preceded by either a + or a – sign. It will indicate whether a team is an underdog or a favorite. To win a bet, the team you bet on must have a higher score after the bowl game point spread is applied.
- Moneyline: Instead of giving/taking points to make a game competitive, bettors can win more by betting on the underdog. Consequently, you will have to risk more in order to win a comparable amount of money when you bet on the favorite.
- Total (over/under): If you do not want to bet on one team or the other, you can bet on the over/under. This is a number established by oddsmakers indicating what the combined final score of the game will be. If you think the actual number will be higher, you take the over. But if you think it will be less, you take the under.
Prop bets on individual player performance are not allowed in Arizona, but team-related ones are. Fans can also combine bets into a parlay.
Parlays are bets composed of several separate bets called “legs.” The more legs involved, the higher the potential payout if you win. However, if you lose one leg of your parlay, you lose the bet.
Betting on college bowl games in Arizona starts with reading or reviews and deciding which sportsbook is the right one for you. You will then want to download the app for that sportsbook and register for a new account.
During the registration process, be sure to opt-in to the welcome bonus offer or include the promo code (if required).
Once you make your first deposit, you will want to review the markets offered and decide which one you want to put money on. Click on the market and enter the amount of money you wish to bet in the appropriate box on the betting slip.
When you are ready, click ‘place bet’ to officially place your bet.
What Affects College Bowl Game Odds and Predictions?
Oddsmakers set the odds for every college bowl game using any information relevant to the two teams playing in the game (i.e., injuries, suspensions, opt-outs, etc.), advanced mathematics, and their individual expertise.
NCAAF betting odds will change for bowl games according to any new information that becomes available after the opening line gets set. How the public bets can also influence whether the odds change.
Restrictions on College Betting Online
While many states have legalized sports betting, several have enacted restrictions when it comes to betting on college sports. Some states allow bettors to make wagers on college sports, but not if in-state college teams are involved.
Others, like Arizona, allow betting on in-state college teams, but not on college bowl prop bets involving individual player performance. College bowl props involving team-related stats are legal in Arizona.
There are no restrictions on college bowl live betting in Arizona.
FAQs – NCAA Football & College Bowl Game Odds
Yes, it is legal to be on college bowl games online in Arizona. Several sportsbooks have launched and as long as bettors are physically located inside the state, they can bet with a licensed online sportsbook in Arizona.
The oddsmakers at each sportsbook set college bowl game lines for their respective books.
Yes, sportsbooks do offer live, in-game betting on college bowl games in Arizona.
Yes, DraftKings does offer odds on college bowl games played in Arizona.