The latest Arizona sports betting partnership to land in the state is between the Tonto Apache Tribe’s Mazatzal Hotel and Casino and TwinSpires.
The TwinSpires Arizona Sports Betting Partnership
The partnership between TwinSpires and Mazatzal Hotel and Casino will allow the sportsbook to open its online app in Arizona when sports betting officially launches. A retail sportsbook is also planned inside the hotel and casino located in Payson.
“The team behind the most exciting two minutes in sports is thrilled to partner with the Tonto Apache Tribe and pursue offering our leading sportsbook product and promotions to sports fans throughout Arizona,” said TwinSpires President, Ian Williams.
TwinSpires Sports Betting And The Mazatzal Hotel And Casino
TwinSpires, which is owned by Churchill Downs, is currently available in a total of six states including Colorado, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Michigan. During the fall of 2021, Churchill Downs’ BetAmerica and iGaming will transition to TwinSpires in New Jersey.
The Mazatzal Hotel and Casino is located on the Tonto Apache Tribal land in Payson, Arizona. The all-suite casino has 119,479 square feet of casino.
“In conjunction with our world class partner, we look forward to supporting the local community and bringing more visitors to the Mazatzal Hotel & Casino and our beautiful county,” said Calvin Johnson, Tonto Apache Chairman .
Arizona Sports Betting Update
The other partnerships in Arizona are:
- FanDuel – Phoenix Suns (Footprint Center)
- Caesars – Arizona Diamondbacks (near Chase Field)
- DraftKings – PGA (TPC Scottsdale)
- Bally Bet – Phoenix Mercury (near Footprint Center)
- WynnBET – San Carlos Apache Tribe (Apache Gold Casino Resort and Apache Sky Casino)
- Unibet (Kindred Group) – Fort Yuma Quechan Indian Tribe (Paradise Casino in Yuma)
- Barstool Sportsbook – NASCAR (Phoenix Raceway)
- PointsBet – Cliff Castle Casino Hotel (Yavapai-Apache Nation)
The Arizona Department of Gaming is currently accepting license applications and will announce sometime in August which sportsbooks will go live in the state on September 9.